Thursday, June 4, 2020

Fluttering By

Mornin' y'all!  Yesterday the new SU! catty went live, and I placed a big fat order...that will be the last one I do before we move, so I got most of my must-haves right up front.  For the past couple of years I've limited myself to one or two stamp sets when the new catalog debuts, and I liked that because it let me focus on just a couple of stamp sets and have some fun with them.  Sometimes if I order a whole bunch of sets at one time, it takes me forever to work my way around to all of them.  (Uhh, I have a few newly-retired sets that I haven't inked up yet and I got them last month.)

But for today, I pulled out a stamp set I've had for a while and got to work on a summery card:


I started with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


I subbed in the Stitched Nested Labels dies for the diamond since SU I don't think has done diamond dies yet.

I was inspired by the Retro Rubber Challenge, they're what made me pull out an "older" stamp set:


Butterfly Gala has been in my collection for over a year, so it counts as retro.  I figure being outside and watching for butterflies is a perfect summer activity provided it's not eleventy-billion degrees outside with a zillion percent humidity.  Happily, choosing summery colors was a snap thanks to the Color Throwdown:


I used Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie, and Real Red for my colors, with a healthy pop of Basic Black for contrast.

Hope you have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Gala, Thoughtful Blooms (retired SAB)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Granny Apple Green, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Granny Apple Green, Basic Black
Accessories:  Stitched Nested Labels dies, Butterfly Duo punch, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Amy O said...

I love your butterflies and this pretty color combo! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jan Clothier said...

Yep, butterflies are certainly a summer theme with me. Love your bright colours and the leafy column in the background. Thanks for playing along with us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Claire Grantham said...

Love the butterflies, very summery. I really like the way you have combined all 3 challenges and I am with you on buying a limited number of stamps at a time..if ONLY I could listen to myself about that. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT