Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Tropical Hello

Mornin' y'all!  We had a much quieter morning here today and Ryan got ready for school in time to ride his bike, so he's happy.  I've already taken Daphne for her walk and I've got a load of dishes in the dishwasher, so after I eat breakfast I can go out and run some errands and hopefully by the time I get back my new fall SU! goodies will be here : )

In the meantime, I have a tropical card: 


For reals, y'all, I am posting lots of FALL stuff starting tomorrow, bring on the warm colors and the fall leaves and the pumpkins and apples and Halloween everything, I am READY.  Anyway, I had to go tropical for the new challenge from Retro Rubber:


As soon as I saw it, Artfully Layered and the coordinating Artfully Composed DSP (both four years old) popped in my head and I had to use them for a card.  The dark strip on the right and the Pale Papaya script pattern were both scraps, but this is the first time I cut into the leafy pattern on the left and I am working on my goal to Just Use The Paper.  I like this week's sketch from Atlantic Hearts:


Once I had chosen that leafy pattern, I had to decide how to use the three green shades.  I chose Just Jade for my card base and main image just because I love that color, Pear Pizzazz is the only one that I had ribbon for so that choice was easy, and then I used Evening Evergreen for the greeting, background die cut, and gems.  All of the greetings in Artfully Layered are pretty large, so I found a teeny-tiny hello in All Year Cheer I and used that.  I think I got all three All Year Cheer stamp sets in the first year I was stamping so they're about 20 years old, how's that for retro!

That's it for now, peeps.  After I finish my tea it's time to start running errands and hopefully that won't wipe me out so bad that I can't work in my craft room afterwards.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artfully Layered, All Year Cheer I
Ink:  Just Jade, Evening Evergreen, VersaMark
Paper:  Just Jade, Evening Evergreen, Basic White, Artfully Composed DSP
Accessories:  Artfully Layered dies, Pear Pizzazz taffeta ribbon, clear EP, Dimensionals, In Color Gems

7 comments:

  1. I love the mix of tropical leaves and all the different shades of green! The layered elements add so much dimension, and your take on the sketch is fabulous. Beautiful card, Christie! Thank you so much for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - this is pretty! Love the papers you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! You’ve used our sketch well. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, I am all for tropical, not ready for fall to come at all! I love the hints of black, great card! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Christy! Have always loved that DSP and stamp set. Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice use of paper! The focal image is works so well with the design. Don't you love it when an old stamp (your sentiment) just fits the bill? Thank you for joining us a Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, I love your leaf mix, with the big monstera. Thanks for joining us at retro rubber this time. Claire RR DT

    ReplyDelete