Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Witchy Wisdom

Mornin' y'all!  We spent the weekend in Estes Park and today I've got to get Ryan back on his regular school schedule, but he's resisting.  He was up plenty early but he's not ready to behave yet, which is fun.

Anyway, we got back yesterday before noon, which means I had time to make a card after I went to the grocery store and I was thinking about this card all weekend.  Take a look:


It's Sally Owens from Practical Magic!  I seriously love that movie (I've read the book too, but this is one of those rare occasions that I like the movie better) and I got myself a ticket to go see the sequel this weekend while my dudes are out camping with the Cub Scouts.  Anyway, the advice on the three circles is all quotes from the movie.  I didn't look up Sally's wardrobe but matched it to the colors in the latest Inspired By... Challenge:


If I could live in one house from any movie, it would be the Owens house from Practical Magic hands down.  Have you SEEN the kitchen?!  I know the entire house was a set built for the movie but I wants it!  Anyway, the botanicals on the rolling pin made me think of the ones in this stamp set and what put these together for me is the Time Out Challenge:


I have LOTS of stamp sets for different movies (including several for Hocus Pocus that I'm sure you'll be seeing this spooky season) but I had never inked up any of the Owens Sisters stamps from Sweet November after I bought the set last year, and with the sequel coming out this weekend I just had to do a Practical Magic card.  I hope the second movie is good!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Sweet November Gals The Owens Sisters
Ink:  Early Espresso, Soft Succulent, Stampin' Blends in Petal Pink, Ivory, Bronze, Soft Succulent, Soft Sea Foam, Crumb Cake, neutrals
Paper:  Soft Succulent, Basic Beige, Very Vanilla, Soft Sea Foam DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles dies

I have a couple of pics from Estes Park to share if you're interested:


We went horseback riding in the mountains on Saturday, it was fabulous!  Ryan's horse was named Fritz, mine was a grumpy guy named Tuxedo, and the hubs rode Ace.  I was in the middle, and Tuxedo kept crowding up to Fritz who threatened to kick him, and then every time we stopped Tux would give Ace a dirty look for being too close.  Ha!


There was an arts & crafts fair going on in the main square, so we walked through that and then got ice cream to cool off.


We drove into the national park and saw one solitary elk making a wallow for himself in the mud.


When we got to the visitor center on top of the mountain, it started pouring down rain, but once the rain cleared off we were treated to a giant rainbow.  And bright sun again which is why I couldn't keep my eyes open for the picture.

Hope you had a good weekend too and now it's time for me to hustle Ryan along to get ready for school.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment