Friday, September 25, 2026

Hello Fall

Afternoon, y'all!  I just had to come back this afternoon with another fall card because I am enjoying the beginnings of fall weather here.


I mixed and matched three stamp sets for this card and I have three challenges as well.  Let's start with the new Festive Friday challenge:


I have green, brown, woodgrain, and distressed technique for my card.  And this challenge works pretty nicely with the Retro Rubber Challenge:


I told you I was coming back with a fall card for this one!  This time I did a diagonal with die cuts - leaves - distressed edges.  I actually die cut the woodgrain panel with the Deckled Rectangles dies but then hit it with an old distressing tool that SU! had once upon a time, and then I added more ink around the edges.  This is the first time I've inked up Truly Grateful (the woodgrain) because it's a recent acquisition, but Gorgeous Leaves is five years old and For All Things (the greeting) is now twelve years old, so extra retro.  I love revisiting old favorites : )

And last up is Time Out Challenges:


I've been taking pictures during my daily walks with Daphne for daaayyysss thinking about this challenge and here's one from this morning:


We had to detour around a flock of Canada geese.  Mostly the grass is still green, though in other places I see a lot of yellow and dark orange on the grass specifically, so that dictated my color choices of Old Olive, Crushed Curry, and Cajun Craze.  I inked up the leaves with Crushed Curry and then applied a bit of Cajun Craze ink with a sponge before I stamped, which came out pretty subtle but I like it.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gorgeous Leaves, Truly Grateful, For All Things
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Pecan Pie
Paper:  Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Sweet Days of Autumn DSP
Accessories:  Intricate Leaves dies, Deckled Rectangles dies, Hello Honey ribbon (which is pretty much the same color as Crushed Curry), Earthy Matte Dot, Dimensionals

Speaking of Daphne...


I took her picture because I thought her teefers were so cute but then I saw what her ball says and it made me laugh.  She's a happy Bark Box subscriber and she just got a bear toy today (among other things), so even Daphne is celebrating Fat Bear Week.  Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. A lovely card and just perfect for our challenge Christy! What a special sight with all those Canadian geese! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges. Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mix of patterns and fall colours! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card and great use of a variety of stamps. It is fun when they all play together nicely! The extra photos of the geese and you Daphne are fun too! The die cuts are great. Thanks for joining us at RRBC!

    ReplyDelete