Midnight greetings, ghoul friends, and happy October! I loooooove making Halloween cards and over the past 20+ years, I have amassed quite a collection of Halloween goodies, and every year I was sad I didn't use more of my stuff to make new cards. So last year I started the Halloween Hex-Travaganza: for the entire month of October, I'm posting a new Halloween card every night at the stroke of midnight! And this is the first Hex-Travaganza post of 2026, woo! I didn't prepare as well this year so hopefully I can still do all 31 midnights. Even if I don't quite manage that, I will be posting lots of Halloween cards!
So for tonight's card, I decided to start with the SOS Challenges theme, to make a card featuring...chickens.
That's right, I said CHICKENS. How do you make a Halloween chicken card, you may ask?
Like this:
I picked up the Unity stamp set The Coop is Haunted back in July and I've just been waiting for the right time for this trio to make its debut. I had so much fun coloring them in! You can't really tell from the picture, but I used the Tile Garden dies for the black mat so it's got some texture to it. I chose a scrap of long-retired Halloween paper that just seemed to go with these three pullets and that's all there is to it. My bird-loving child approves this card.
If you like Halloween cards as much as I do, you're in the right place. If you click on the Hex-Travaganza label at the bottom of this post, you can see all of last year's cards, and like I said the next card will be coming up at midnight. I'm looking forward to a deep dive in my Halloween stash.
Stay spooky, friends!
Supplies:
Stamps: The Coop is Haunted from Unity Stamps
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Pool Party, Azure Afternoon, Poppy Parade, Golden Glow, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Highland Heather, Old Olive, Granny Apple Green
Paper: Old Olive, Basic Black, Basic White, Ghostly Greetings DSP
Accessories: Squares Collection Framelits, Tile Garden Dies, Dimensionals
LOL....I love your silly little trick or treaters...super fun!! They are perfect for our challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our challenge. Way to go "shopping your stash" for our CHICKEN theme!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS583
ReplyDelete