Gooooood mornin' y'all and happy Sunday, which means it's time for a new Paper Players challenge to drop! We had a fun and fabulous color challenge from LeAnne last week, and now it's time for a CAS challenge from yours truly! Check out our theme:
I'd be willing to bed that everyone has at least one or two bears in their crafting stash and I want to see them! Your bear could be teddy, gummy, grizzly, polar, koala (technically not a bear, but is bear-shaped), panda, Silly Old, or Care, and that's just what I thought of off the top of my head. I graduated from Baylor University (sic 'em!) so naturally I gravitate towards bear things and I have quite a few bears to choose from in my paper crafting hoard. And as an added bonus, there's this:
Fat Bear Week starts on September 22, where we can all cheer on our
favorite chonkers as they prepare for a long winter's nap, which is what
social media is supposed to be for in my opinion. I recommend a quick Google search if you're not familiar : ) I could not have timed this challenge if I tried but I love that it worked out this way. Also, I recommend following the National Park Service on Facebook, their team deserves all the cookies for their fantastic posts. Anyway, in honor of Fat Bear Week, I decided to use a grizzly bear for my card:
This bear is from a long-retired set called Yukon, which features some lovely art of various animals including Mr. Chonk here. I stamped him in Early Espresso + Versamark, finished with clear embossing powder, and then watercolored. I chose Peaceful Pine as my card base because it's such a lovely green and I feel like I haven't used it enough.
Check out the other design team creations on the Paper Players blog, and you can hop through their individual blogs to leave some comments too:
And then upload your card at the Paper Players blog! Keep in mind a few simple rules:
1. Create a new paper project
2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us and provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge submission
3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL
4. Have fun!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Yukon, Elegant Leaves
Ink: Versamark, Peaceful Pine, Elegant Espresso, Pecan Pie, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue
Paper: Peaceful Pine, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Everyday Arches dies, Stylish Shapes dies, clear EP, Dimensional
This bear is from a long-retired set called Yukon, which features some lovely art of various animals including Mr. Chonk here. I stamped him in Early Espresso + Versamark, finished with clear embossing powder, and then watercolored. I chose Peaceful Pine as my card base because it's such a lovely green and I feel like I haven't used it enough.
Check out the other design team creations on the Paper Players blog, and you can hop through their individual blogs to leave some comments too:
The Paper Players Design Team
And then upload your card at the Paper Players blog! Keep in mind a few simple rules:
1. Create a new paper project
2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us and provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge submission
3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL
4. Have fun!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Yukon, Elegant Leaves
Ink: Versamark, Peaceful Pine, Elegant Espresso, Pecan Pie, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue
Paper: Peaceful Pine, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Everyday Arches dies, Stylish Shapes dies, clear EP, Dimensional


I like the composition of your card - the off-centre arch with lots of open space is a great CAS layout. The bear - scary! I once saw a grizzly bear with two cubs and was very grateful that she was on the other side of the wide river. Fat Bear week is a new one for me but sounds like a great thing. We have Penguin of the Year where anyone can vote on their favourite rescue penguin housed in the local aquarium, which is rather grandly named The National Aquarium of New Zealand. :-)
ReplyDelete