Friday, July 24, 2026

Hues of Yellow

Mornin' y'all, busy morning ahead as I have to take Ryan to camp and then go get blood drawn (again).  At least I don't have to fast before the blood draw this time.

Anyway, my card today is a little floral number, check it out:


It looks like I threw the kitchen sink at this card because the background floral I used is SO busy but I like it anyway : p  I got out the Hues of Happiness DSP to play along with the As You See It recipe challenge:


I've got some old Ombre Enamel Dots in Crushed Curry, a big flower cut from the DSP plus all the smaller ones on the card front, Words of Beauty for a big bold sentiment, die cuts from two different sets, and I've got Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lolly, and Crushed Curry for shades of yellow.  And I managed to fit all that in with the Atlantic Hearts sketch:


And that's it for now, peeps.  Hopefully I will have the energy this afternoon to work on another card for The Paper Players on Sunday...I'm having decision paralysis with that.  Have a great Friday, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Words of Beauty
Ink:  Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lolly, Mossy Meadow, Basic White
Accessories:  Words of Beauty dies, Perennial Postage dies, Dimensionals, Ombre Enamel Dots

10 comments:

Tanya said...

I really like this! It is busy and it took me a second to really see what all you used here, but it looks great together! You did good work with that sketch!

Jan Clothier said...

Really striking, with the yellow and purples. Lovely use of the ingredients. I like that bold 'because' - it's a scene stealer. The fussy cut flower is pretty too - that was great DSP and I have some tucked away too. Thanks for sharing with us at As You See It. :-)

Jennifer Kelly said...

Just beautiful. Love the colours you chose. Thanks for playing with Atlantic Hearts Challenge

Tammy said...

Beautiful "kitchen sink"!!! haha!! Love your card--thanks for sharing at AHS!!

Dena J said...

Bold, beautiful blooms! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Atlantic Hearts this week.

Heather said...

I love this, Christy! That DSP is pretty much my favorite floral - perfect for our colors! So fun! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I have that paper stashed - so lovely to see you use some on your card! I don't think I've ever used the base sheet you used as it's so busy, but I really like how you used it here so it has given me some food for thought. Bravo on using that bold diecut sentiment too - I love it! Perfect for the recipe at As You See It this week!

Brandi said...

Beautiful, I love the sentiment and that big bold flower is just stunning! I love it! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

LeAnne said...

I love that you're using up some of those gorgeous retired papers! Busy is pretty, as far as I'm concerned! This would make anyone smile! Thanks for playing with the Atlantic Hearts sketch as well as the AS You See It challenge!

Heather Cooper said...

Christy: bright, bold, beautiful! Thanks for cooking up our recipe at As You See It Challenges this week!