Monday, July 27, 2026

Paper Players Sketch Trio

Mornin' y'all!  I said in yesterday's post that I'd had decision paralysis with my sketch for The Paper Players and ended up making five cards...as promised, I am back today with the three cards I didn't post yesterday.  So here they are:


I started with the Homemade Sweetness DSP and at first I was going to do several fruits for the popped up element, but then I ended up with just the cherries and why didn't I do the stamped cherries from Summer Happiness?  Ah well, I think this is reasonably cute but it's not my favorite.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Words of Beauty
Ink:  Misty Moonlight
Paper:  Strawberry Slush, Granny Apple Green, Basic White, Homemade Sweetness DSP
Accessories:  Words of Beauty dies, 1" square punch, Dimensionals, Strawberry Slush Gems

Next up, how about another Summerween card:


This time I cut some ghosties out of the DSP instead of the kitties, and added some die cut letters to the three squares.  I really like this one, I think it's cute.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Oh My Fright
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Frightfully Fun DSP
Accessories:  1 1/4" square punch, Mini Alphabet dies, Dimensionals

And for my final card, a super-CAS sunny creation:


I used the colors from the AAA Cards Challenge:


I used Melon Mambo, Polished Pink, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight.  The sun is from Summer Happiness, but then I had to search through all my stamps for a teeny-tiny sunshiney greeting and pulled another set out of the To Sell? boxes.  I swan, I'm never going to actually sell anything, ha!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Summer Happiness, Special Moments
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Polished Pink
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Polished Pink, Basic White
Accessories:  Summer Happiness dies, 1" square punch, Dimensionals

And just in case this post isn't long enough, I present my kiddos:


Sometimes Ryan likes to wear Peking as a hat.


And Daphne has recently taken to snoozing under my craft table while I'm working.  At least she's not right behind my chair, which was Sadie's favorite place to snooze; Daph is better about staying where she won't get rolled over by the chair.  Have a good day, y'all.

5 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Seriously, this is the sketch that keeps on giving Christy - another trio of great examples! I love the ghosts (I might have to CASE this one!) and the final one is perfectly CAS for AAA Cards too. Glad you found the perfect sentiment - I am constantly doing a dive into my 'to sell' box these days!!

Cardsbymaaike said...

Fab collection of cards and fun kiddos ;-) Love how you've used the challenge colors. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges

lichazul said...

Great trio cards 👏👏👏💐☺️ happy day

Jaydee said...

Not sure which is better, the photos of your kiddos or the continued fabulous use of this sketch! Love them all
hugs
jaydee

Helen said...

Great cards - love your take on our challenge colours.

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Cards Challenge.

Helen x
DT