Mornin' y'all! I am on my second cuppa tea this morning and I had pumpkin coffee cake for breakfast because Ryan picked Sunday breakfast yesterday and he almost always chooses pumpkin cake. I think I took a page from his book too because for some reason I was getting crumbs everywhere, but at least I clean up after myself.
Anyhoodle, the hubs and I were both in the warcraft room on Saturday (where he plays World of Tanks and I do crafts) and the following conversation took place:
Me: Do bonsai count as trees?
Hubs: ...Yes? (definitely questioning)
Me: Okay cool *stampy stamp stamp*
Result:
Ohhh yeeaahhh we're CAS today and I like it. I used the Color Dare Challenge for my colors:
The card base and the stamping are done in Pretty Peacock (it looks extra dark in the picture, and I even took more than one but they all looked dark), the shading under the bonsai is Coastal Cabana, and I used watercolor pencils in Calypso Coral and Bermuda Bay to color the bonsai. As to why I needed a tree, here's the Addicted to CAS challenge:
I hope they agree with the hubs that bonsai count as trees. Bonsaaaaiiiiii!
Daphne is ready for her morning perambulation so I'm going to take her because I am totally stalling about all the phone calls I need to make today because I hate calling people on the phone but I need to make appointments and pretend I'm a functioning adult. Wish me luck. Bonsaaaaiiiii!!!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Calming Garden, Kanji
Ink: Pretty Peacock, Coastal Cabana
Paper: Pretty Peacock, Basic White
Accessories: Corner rounder punch, watercolor pencils
My darling Daphne. Sun's out, tongues out!


4 comments:
Clean and simple, I like it! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!
Love this card! Great stamps, use of our colors, and design. Thanks for playing along with Color Dare. Cathy
It definitely works as "trees", and a great choice for the Color Dare colors.
Bonsaai are definitely trees - this is a beautifully balanced CAS card too! That picture of Daphne made me chuckle :-)
Post a Comment