Thursday, October 1, 2026

Hello, October

Mornin' y'all and happy OCTOBER!  If you haven't seen it already, the Halloween Hex-Travaganza started at midnight so I'll be posting Halloween cards every night this month because I have so many Halloween crafting supplies that I want to showcase.

But October isn't JUST about Halloween so I have a fall card to share this morning:


I used the colors from the Creative Colour Challenge this week:


I absolutely could have used the Painted Pumpkins bundle again but that seemed too easy and I wanted to play with the leaves anyway.  I paired that with the sketch from Atlantic Hearts:


I didn't really follow the sketch so much as use it as a jumping-off point though.  I don't really like making slimline cards but I did like the grid look.  I couldn't find any DSP in my stash that worked with what I had in mind, so the TGIF Challenge inspired me to make a watercolor background:


I spritzed watercolor paper with water, added some drops of ink refill, then spritzed again to make the colors blend a little and finally sprinkled with salt.  Then I used my heat tool to make it dry faster because I have no patience, brushed off the salt and voilà!  I used a one-inch square punch to make my grid pieces so they'd all be the same color, and added my leaves and greeting on top.

Ryan wants me to drive him to school for the rest of the week but given that the temperatures have dropped a bit (hallelujah) and that it's been pretty rainy, I think that's fair.  So I'm off to take him to school and then deep clean the kitchen.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Simply Leaves
Ink:  Azure Afternoon, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
Paper:  Azure Afternoon, Basic White, Watercolor Paper
Accessories:  1" square punch, white EP, Dimensionals

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Wow, what a challenging color combo, but you managed to pull it off perfectly! And use that challenging sketch as well! Good for you! I look forward to seeing all your Halloween goodies too! Thanks for playing with our challenge at Atlantic Hearts this week!

Dena J said...

Such a marvelous use of color. It's bold and just like a sunny clear fall day with turning leaves and blue sky! A creative and eye-catching card, Christy. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous!! Love the background--so vibrant!! Thanks for sharing at AHS!!