Thursday, September 10, 2026

Pumpkin Blues

Mornin' y'all!  I was having a bit of trouble in my craft room yesterday, I had several sketch and color challenges and I was trying to figure out how to combine any of them.  I had made a choice and then the stamp set that I wanted to use would NOT cling to the blocks so I had to put some Aleene's Tack It Over & Over on it and of course that won't be ready to use until probably this afternoon (gotta make sure it's really dry).  Then I was about to put up a few stamp sets and I saw the Painted Pumpkins bundle and aha!  Finally an idea came to me.


I did say I was going to do these pumpkins in all kinds of colors, so how about blues?  I used the latest color challenge from Color Dare:


I chose Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, and Soft Sea Foam for my colors and managed to stick to just those and white for everything.  Next up is this week's Atlantic Hearts sketch:


I did make my card in slightly different proportions than the sketch, but I still think I followed it reasonably closely.  At first I was going to do the Pool Party plaid for the circle element but then I saw the pumpkin vine stencil and went for that instead, and added the plaid to the background layer.  Wonder what colors these pumpkins will be next?

Aright, got to get Ryan ready for school and then I'm off to an appointment.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Pumpkins
Ink:  Pool Party, Lost Lagoon, Soft Sea Foam, VersaMark
Paper:  Pool Party, Lost Lagoon, Soft Sea Foam, Basic White, Painted Patch DSP
Accessories:  Painted Pumpkins dies, Circles Collection Framelits, white EP, Dimensionals, Painted Patch Dots

8 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the non-traditional colours and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Tammy said...

Love how you've used all greens! And the sketch!! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare & AHS!!

LeAnne said...

Love this! What a lovely array of pumpkins in those gorgeous hues!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Those blue/green pumpkins are so effective Christy - I love the layout and the tranquil feel that the colour scheme gives.

Melanie R said...

Such pretty pumpkins! Fabulous card, Christy. Thank you for playing along at Color Dare #719.

Sonja Zierer said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! I love how you showcased the pumpkins and paired them with the soft plaid background.

Cat Nowak said...

Love how you used these colors for a fall card!! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is just gorgeous - thank you for playing along with us at Color Dare!