Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A Dozen Best Thoughts

Or really, just one "hello".


I thought I'd do something a little different with the sentiment so I punched it out with the Elegant Butterfly punch as opposed to a circle or an oval or something you might expect.

Today's floral greeting is brought to you by the Global Design Project colors:


And also the Mojo Monday sketch:


I moved the circular element on the sketch down a little bit to accommodate the flower image.  I like this sketch.  It's more layers than I typically do on my own, but I think it works.

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Best Thoughts, A Dozen Thoughts
Ink:  Versamark, Tip Top Taupe, Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder
Paper:  Tip Top Taupe, Mint Macaron, Whisper White, In Color DSP
Accessories:  Clear EP, corner rounder punch, Elegant Butterfly punch, Dimensionals

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh, Christy -- I LOVE this card. Everything about it -- it is gorgeous.

Saw bouquets of the most deep purple hydrangeas when I went into Kroger's for Blue Bell ice cream last night. Wow, they were so beautiful. Reminded me of you, of course. NO WONDER Mom loved these purple hydrangeas. Wish I could grow them. I've tried with no success. I even got a small ivy plant, which is supposed to be IMPOSSIBLE to kill. I planted it in a larger container and it has continued to wilt. I was watering this morning and EVERY SINGLE LEAF on that plant was crispy dead. Shoot! I have no clue why as I waterd it at the same time I did every other plant I own. Ha!

Back to the card -- GORGEOUS!!!

Connie Collins said...

Christy, I really love how you combined our color challenge with the Mojo Monday sketch challenge. The results is lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at Global Design Project.

Jess said...

Totally gorgeous colouring on the flowers Christy and I do love the sentiment punched with the elegant butterfly. Thanks for playing along with us again at GDP!

Kylie Bertucci said...

Awesome choice of stamp set to go with these colours Christy! cute idea having the sentiment in the butterfly. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge!

Michelle Last said...

So pretty and subtle, great card Christy. Thanks for joining the Global Design Challenge this week!

Brian King said...

Christy - this is a great combination of these two challenges! The little butterfly is a perfect accent for this card. I am so glad that you played along with this week's Color Challenge at the Global Design Project. Thanks!