Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Stirling Castle

Hey y'all, how's it going?  I think I got a bit more sleep last night than usual (still not enough, but better), and Ryan went back to sleep after we got up at 4:00 this morning so I got more sleep after that too.  He's still asleep right now which is why I have time to blog :)

Speaking of time, I've actually used quite a bit of time since Ryan was born to work on scrapbook pages.  Like, I'm surprised how much I've gotten done--I've made SEVENTY scrapbook pages this year!  I work when he's sleeping during the day, or I take him downstairs with me and have him on a blanket on the floor next to me if he's happy to hang out for a bit.

But today's layout I made before he was born (I still need to take pictures of a bunch of layouts I've made in the last week or two).


So here's Stirling Castle, which we visited with Lee's parents, sister, and her family a few years ago.  Somehow I forgot to take my handy-dandy trip notebook with me *and* I never blogged these photos, so to be honest I don't really remember this particular castle.  We went to a lot of castles.  My journaling is basically what I looked up about the castle on Wikipedia :)  But I still like this layout!  I love the contrast between the light yellowy green and the dark purple (yes, friends, the dark color on here is Elegant Eggplant even if it looks weird and not-purple on your computer screen).  Haha, I'm wearing that same shirt right now as in that picture on the bottom right.


Title and journaling all in one convenient place.  Crowns are always a good accent for castle pages, right?


Today's color palette:  Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, and Whisper White.  The two gray colors are mostly in the photos.

With luck I'll get to finish my breakfast tea before Ryan wakes up again.  And if I'm really lucky, I'll finish another layout this afternoon!  I really am scrapping with vim and vigor.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Spencerian Alphabet, Rough Edges Alphabet, Artistic Etchings
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: