Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Dinos Gettin' Fancy

Howdy, y'all!  Didja miss me yesterday?  I was working on scrapbook pages on Monday so didn't get a card done for yesterday.  But I've got a doozy today...I did a fancy fold!


I got the idea for this from Lyssa Zwolanek's blog.  Her tutorial is pretty easy to follow, but if you try  it, be aware that one of the measurements is off:  you should score at 2.5 inches, not 2.75.  You want the four side panels to all be 1.25 inches wide.  It only took me three tries to figure that out *rolls eyes* I couldn't math yesterday, y'all.


There you can see the inside panel, which doesn't really show up if you're looking at the card straight on.  It's just four score lines to make the card base, two peaks and two valleys.  I did the outside two score lines and flipped the paper over to score the two inside lines on the other side to make it easier to fold (does that make sense?).

I thought the Fab Friday color challenge would be good for a kid birthday card:


And the Global Design Project theme challenge is exactly what I needed this week:


My "niece" Emma's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, so now I just need to get this in the mail to her.  (Uh, I still haven't mailed off birthday cards I made for earlier this month, which are both now late...)


There's the back; I did the message on the back so it wouldn't be covered up by the band across the front.  I still need a birthday card for my dad too, d'ya think he'd like dinosaurs?

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  No Bones About It
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Berry Burst
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight, Thick Whisper White, Color Theory DSP
Accessories:  nothing really...a bone folder and a ruler?

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

Wow, that's a great card! It would make a great addition to the top of a dresser in her room. So cute.

Heather said...

This is awesome! Fancy folds give a lot of room for fitting in all our bright colors - and I love that stamp set - I think I've been resisting it for too long, lol... Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

So cute and a great set to use with these fun colors! I love the fancy folds too! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

Those dinos are pefect to show off these bright colors! Love the fancy fold...really gives lots of panels for different looks! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!