Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Snowpocalypse




Actually it doesn't really feel that wintry here at the moment--we're warming back up to the 50s and 60s.  The stamping world, however, is all about the cold.  And I haven't played much with my Flurry of Wishes stamp set, so guess what you get today.


Haha I should have done a big lead-in about snow and then shown you a card with a giant sun on it.  But the stamping gods are positively yelling SNOW at anyone who will listen, so I listened.  Anywha, I do like these snowflakes and the fact that they coordinate with punches--I think punches are easier for me to line up than Framelits.  But I puffy heart love Framelits too.

Today's card sketch is brought to you by the Global Design Project team:


I liked all the open space to add my flurry o' flakes.

Also check out this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge (and a ridiculously terrifically gorgeous cupcake):


And the word prompt from Inkspirational Challenges:


And the new theme challenge at The Paper Players:


Question:  is it cheating to count one card for three inspirational challenges if all three challenges are basically the same thing?  Because if it is, I think I'm about to get pelted with paper scraps again.

Well peeps, as usual I have lots to do today so I'd better get to it.  Hugs and kisses and stay warm!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flurry of Wishes
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Pacific Point
Paper:  Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Pacific Point, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Snow Flurry punch, Lots of Labels Framelits, white baker's twine, Dimensionals, rhinestone

13 comments:

Tanja said...

love those beautiful snowflakes - thanks for sharing your project at Cupcake Inspirations

*Vicki* said...

Your creation is gorgeous!! Fabulous color combo and pretty snowflakes! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at {Cupcake Inspirations}! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT Sweetie

Tanya said...

hahahaha! :) We hit another cold snap but all its done is be gray. Blah. I wish it would snow. And I like the colors you chose. :)

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

CCsMom said...

Super, Chris. I've been working with snowflakes lately on our card creations here at work. LOVE your snowflakes. They seem much fancier than mine. Are the punches easy to use? I've gravitated toward one specific brand, I believe. They seem to cut clean every single time and don't hurt your hands. You will inherit quite a punch legacy from me as I do prefer punches. LOVE those.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a lovely collection of falling snowflakes - love the mix of blues you used and the sentiment panel with bold blue snowflake that really draws the eye. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Brian King said...

Gorgeous combination of colors on this festive, fun, snowpocalypse card. :) Great combination of these challenges! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's sketch challenge for the Global Design Project.

cm said...

Your wintry wonderland is lovely! And, given that I'm on the DT of two of the challenges, rest assured that seeing you join both is an absolute delight! Thank you for sharing this festive gem in the Cupcake Inspirations *Let it Snow* AND the Ink *Flake* challenges!
~carol

Indy's Designs said...

Love all the beautiful snowflakes! So glad you joined our Let It Snow Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Connie Collins said...

I love how you made all of the challenges work so well together. You card is just wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Global Design Project.

Jane Willis said...

That's a lovely stamp set, beautifully used to make a fab card
Jane

Nonni said...

What a beautiful card! i love the soft hues of blue and your layout looks great. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Pia Larsen said...

Love this! The colour combination is one of my favorites :)
Thank you for playing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. Hope you will join us again :)
Pia xx