Monday, April 23, 2018

Orchid Festival 2010, Part 3

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I didn't get as much scrapping done over the weekend as I could have wished, but I DID FINISH THE CHINA BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!  I'm a little excited about that ;) Not only are all the pages done, the albums are all put together and all the pages are in their sheet protectors and they are 100% DONE.  Very excited.

But for today's post, we're in Japan, not China.  And we're finishing up coverage of the orchid festival.


This is the third layout, so no journaling--it's really just an excuse to squeeze in more pretty flower pictures.  It was kind of like a puzzle figuring out how to fit everything together, hot to arrange the different colors and how many freckly flowers should go together or should they be interspersed with non-freckly ones.  Here's the sketch I used:


Pretty fun, right?  Again, I left off a title and journaling on my pages, but sketches are there to be a jumping-off point so I don't have to slavishly follow the sketch.  I make 'em work for me.


Same color palette as before:  Pink Pirouette, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Barely Banana, and Wild Wasabi.  I used the same floral pattern as from the second layout, and instead of the stamped Barely Banana butterflies I used another pattern of Wild Wasabi stripes.  The lighter color stripes still looked kinda banana-y so I think they pages all still go together.

Y'all have a great Monday.  I'm off to chase the boy child.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  None
Ink:  None
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi, Blooms & Bliss DSP, Porcelain Prints DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: