Friday, October 19, 2018

Celestina Warbeck

I've been re-watching the Harry Potter movies for the past few days...I watched Prisoner of Azkaban last night while I stitched, and I underestimated how long that movie is.  If I had a Time Turner I would definitely use it every single night because then I could stay up late, turn it a few times and go to bed early!  Wouldn't THAT be awesome.

Anyway, in the later books, Mrs. Weasley likes to spend Christmas listening to Celestina Warbeck on the radio, and one of her songs is "A Cauldron Full of Hot, Strong Love" and I'm pretty sure that's what my little pastel witchy-poo has brewed up today.


This cute little witch and all the rest of the stamps I used today are part of Cauldron Bubble, so I'll enter this over at What Will You Stamp:


I decided to go the pastel route for Celestina due to the latest challenge from Fusion

I was a bit limited by what Stampin' Blends I have so far, so I used Petal Pink (the light one is a good skin tone color), Mint Macaron, and the light Rich Razzleberry.  I probably wouldn't have put those three shades together on my own but I think I made them work?  I would have used Pool Party if I had that color in the Blends but I don't.  And I would have used Highland Heather but I only have Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss for purples.  Clearly I need to get all the rest of the Blends ;)  And I should probably look up some videos to learn how to make them, y'know, BLEND.

Last up is the Just Add Ink sketch:
Cute, I like it.

The hubs is coming home for the weekend this afternoon, can't wait to see him again!  And this weekend, since it finally feels like fall, I shall be making a cauldron full of...taco soup.  Yum!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cauldron Bubble
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Mint Macaron, Petal Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Stampin' Blends in Mint Macaron, Petal Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Petal Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Cauldron Thinlits, Wink of Stella, mini Dimensionals

10 comments:

CCsMom said...

Yay, taco soup. I am also thinking of making that. SO GOOD!

I really like the effect of those little bits right above and below the background of the main square. It just adds something that you wouldn't notice, but it brings the design together. Great job!!!

I do prefer warty, ugly witches for some reason. Ha! LOVE YOU!

Tanya said...

CUTE!! I like it all in pastels!
I've been watching HP too, 'tis the season? but late nights are rough. I had to stop in the middle of 5. ;)

WWYS Blog said...

Another fantastic submission Christy! I love this color combo you used! Thoroughly enjoy every time you play along with us at WWYS Challenge Blog!

Jenny Hall said...

Haha.. this got me! Love it!! Thanks for playing along :-)

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fun little Halloween scene! So glad you joined us in the Fusion Card Challenge!

Su Mohr said...

Congrats on your WWYS win, Christy! Your stamped frogies in the background are so cute!

Rochelle Blok said...

Such a fun take on the sketch. Love the use of the pastel colours for a non-traditional look. Thanks for playing along and supporting us this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

KimB said...

I love it Christy! Such a cute Halloween card. You did a great job with your colouring and the colours look lovely together! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jan said...

This is gorgeous, Christy! The soft pastels add a lovely fresh feel and your images are beautifully coloured. I love the Razzleberry accent strips you’ve used - the colour makes for such a striking design. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

I really enjoyed reading your post and agree that a time turner would be very useful. I love this stamp set - it's lovely to see a card in non-traditional colours. Chantell Just Add Ink