Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Color Me Intrigued

Mornin' y'all, how goes your week?  Today is my brother's birthday (I sent him a card already) and today I have a dental appointment, how's THAT for a celebration.  Heh.  I do have another birthday card to share today though.


I was quite intrigued when I saw the color combination from Just Add Ink, I had to try it out for myself:


I would not have put those colors together on my own in a million years but do you know I think they work!  I even managed to use only the challenge colors with the addition of white; my flowers are stamped in Blackberry Bliss.  There's a texture stamp in that same stamp set and I used it to stamp over and over on the Petal Pink panel for a one-of-a-kind-but-super-easy backdrop for the flowers.  I used the classic sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


My MIL's birthday is later this month so I think this will be going to her.  Well, I've got my dental appointment this morning and then hopefully I'll get to do some stamping and laundry in the afternoon before Ryan gets home from school.  Wish me luck!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nature's Harvest, Flowering Tulips
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Petal Pink, VersaMark, Stampin' Blends in Blackberry Bliss, Petal Pink, Bermuda Bay
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss, Petal Pink, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  White EP, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels

4 comments:

Chantell Randall said...

Ohh I love that sentiment - it really makes me smile. A lovely display of these bold colours. Chantell Just Add Ink

Laurie Unger said...

Very pretty and that sentiment is wonderful. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

Dena J said...

I love that sentiment! And a very nice use of that color palette. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, you did a GREAT job with the color challenge! I like how you used our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch to create a CAS-like beauty!! Thank you for sharing your talents once again with us at TSOT!!! -Donna