Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Snail Mail Hello

Hey y'all!  Bit late but I do have a card to share today.


It's snail mail ; )  I am sometimes slow to catch on...when this stamp set was released (pretty sure it was in a mini catalog), I resisted the urge to buy it for the entirety of the catalog run...only to decide at the eleventh hour that I should get it and the matching paper too.  Then I didn't use it.  Oops.  Better late than never?  Sorry the picture is a bit dark, we've been socked in with clouds and/or rain here for daaaaayyyyysss.  Yay late November.

Let's celebrate National Letter Writing Day with the Festive Friday crew:


From the list, I used script (cursive font on the sentiment), hello sentiment, postmark (iffy, unless you count the ones on the paper the snail is on), envelope, and ink, if you count that I stamped my images and used Blends to color in the snail. 

I also used more layers than I typically do to follow this week's sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:



The patterns just didn't look right on the card unless I added a Bermuda Bay mat to every. single. piece.  Which was at least good for using up a few scraps of cardstock.

Okay, the hubs asked me yesterday if I can make Christmas/holiday cards for his work people, to the tune of 63 cards, so I should get to work on that.  And also the washer just beep-screamed that it's done, so time to switch out laundry.  Feel like I'm moving as slowly as that snail!  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Snailed It
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Stampin' Blends in Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Real Red
Paper:  Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Thick Basic White, Snail Mail DSP
Accessories:  Snail dies, Layering Circles dies, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Adorable card, the backing of the patterned papers really makes them pop. Thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

Heather said...

So fun, Christy - love this suite, lol. Great paper choices, and that snail is zooming! Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

So cute! Such a fun way to use the Festive Friday Inspo List items. Thank you for playing along with the challenge!

Jaydee said...

Christy, such a fun card. I love these snails. I don't get to use them often and you have inspired me! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday. Hope to see you back again in 2023
hugs
jaydee

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what a super cute card! Love all the patterns you used for the panels! I too resisted purchasing this set, but after seeing your adorable card, I regret it now. Your use of the Bermuda Bay for the mats is perfect! Thank you for sharing your creativity once again with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna