Monday, May 13, 2013

In Color Butterflies

I love getting new colors in my hot little hands.


That, my friends, is a card front featuring not only the five brand spankin' new In Colors, but also the new neutral, Smoky Slate.  I had to include that one as I have at least one lady who can't wait to get a look at the new gray :)  And it is awesome!  I haven't put the cardstock next to Going Gray but I think this one is a bit softer and will work better with other colors.

So I had the idea to use the postage stamp punch and that really cool butterfly from the Best of Butterflies set to showcase all the new colors, but when I saw this card by Mary Fish, that's when I decided to CASE her layout.  I quite like the new colors all together, what do you think?  Can't wait to get some more new DSP and really play with them!  I've already been studying the new In Color cards for the Color Coach and can't wait to get the new Coach when the new catty goes live.

Did I mention I love colors?  And playing with colors?  And putting them in fun and different combinations?  Ok, so generally I don't think that gray and brown should go together, but just this once it doesn't bother me so much.  I just really wanted to get all six brand new colors on one card front, both the ink and cardstock.  Mission:  accomplished.

Pretty sure this card also qualifies for the challenge over at SUO Challenges to use butterflies, doncha think?

Have a fantastic start to your week and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Best of Butterflies, My Paper Pumpkin welcome kit (oh how I love that "hey there friend" stamp!)
Ink:  Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Accessories:  Elegant Butterfly & Postage Stamp punches, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! What a fabulous way to showcase the new In-Colors. I'm a huge fan of these new colors too. I love the tone on tone with the butterflies on top of the punch layer. Such a great layout too! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

Tanya said...

I loved Mary's card too and I LOVE that you threw in the gray!! The butterflies are fabulous!

Mary Brown said...

Oh...I just LOVE how you showcased the new incolors with your pretty butterflies! LOVE it! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

Karen Barber said...

Wow, new colors too!! Super job with your butterflies!

Justin said...

Great way to show off the new colors! Thanks for playing with SUO Challenges!