Monday, March 31, 2014

Rhinestone Peacock

Howdy, folks!  Once again, I'm a bit late with my post since it's almost 3 p.m. here.  I blame it on a variety of factors:

1.  British Daylight Savings Time.  Can we just get rid of this concept forever and ever amen?  Because it's stoopid.
2.  Saturday night insomnia.  I was going to stamp yesterday, but then due to middle-of-the-night insomnia and DST, I didn't actually get out of bed until after 11 a.m. and that just kinda threw my plans out of whack.
3.  Yesterday afternoon it seemed very important that I watch The Avengers instead of stamping.  We saw Captain America:  The Winter Soldier on Saturday, and you have my permission to be jealous because it was released in Britain already and you guys in the States still have to wait.  Bwahahaaaa!  I want to go see it again.

But I finally made a card today!


My stamping muse is being a little temperamental still after her little hiatus thanks to tea party and test taking up almost all of March.  She changed her mind about six times as to what stamps we were going to use with the sketch I picked before we agreed on the peacock.  And now I sound like a crazy person, but if you know me in real life you know I really am crazy.

So here's the sketch I picked, courtesy of Freshly Made Sketches:




Today is the last day of Sale-a-Bration so I was kinda planning on using one of the SAB stamp sets but then that didn't happen so I used a bit of the SAB Sweet Sorbet DSP instead and look at me and all the TLAs (Three-Letter Acronyms).  I know what I'm sayin' even if no one else does.

Cheers, peeps!  Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  World Treasures, Occasions
Ink:  Night of Navy, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Night of Navy, Whisper White, Sweet Sorbet & International Bazaar DSP (and after today, both of those will be retired)
Accessories:  Rhinestones, Dimensionals

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

YES!!! I like it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just beautiful Christy! Love your mix of DSPs - they match perfectly with your image! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Tanya said...

hahahahaha....I like the bling!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great card! I love these colors together! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!