Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Nachos: Hello, My Name Is...

Greetings, Nacho fans!  It is time again for an awesome color combo courtesy of Nacho Average Challenges.


I kind of want an outfit in these colors, is that weird?

So before I show you today's card (unless you're scrolling right past all this blah-de-blah to get to the good stuff), I should tell you that I love to quote movies in everyday conversation.  My absolute favorite quotable movies are Ghostbusters and The Princess Bride.  So you might know where this is going already...


I couldn't help it, the idea popped in my head when I was looking at the "Hello My Name Is" stamp from Starburst Sayings, and I just HAD to make it!  And I laughed the whole time I was working on it.  I can't be the first person to have thought of this (after all, Starburst Sayings has been out for a while) but I haven't yet seen another card where someone else did the Princess Bride quote.  I also stamped more words on the inside...


I think I'll send this one to my dad.  I know, it says "You killed my father" on the front, but Dad loves that movie too and he'll totally get it and I betcha money he'll say "Prepare to die!" just reading the front of the card, which is why I put "You know the rest!" on the inside.  The letters are from the new Alphabet Rotary stamp, which is pretty nifty that you can spell out words or phrases by twisting the rotary stamp.  I had to practice a bit before I got the letters to stamp out all the way--I kept not getting the bottom of the letters to show, you have to rock the stamp up and down a bit to make sure you get the whole letter to stamp at once.

My little brother has a plain white T-shirt that has one of those "Hello, My Name Is" stickers printed on the chest of it, with Inigo Montoya written on it.  So you know, clearly this movie is a family favorite.

Hope you have as much fun with this color combo as I did!  Be sure to post your creations on the Nacho blog for us to ooh and ahh over :)

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Starburst Sayings, Alphabet Rotary, Gorgeous Grunge, Positively Chevron
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Accessories:  Starburst & Circle Framelits, Hexagon punch, Regals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Awesome!

Tanya said...

hahaha! At first glance I thought "sure but then who would you send it to??" and before I got to the inside I knew exactly who I would send it to. :D