Thursday, September 25, 2014

Flights of Fancy

It took me another hour after dinner last night to finish sorting my stamps and getting them alphabetized.  The only ones not done are my retired background stamps; for some reason I didn't unmount them when I did every other stamp in my collection so I still need cling foam to do about 16 more background stamps.  Plus cases.

But my crafting space is much more organized than it was this time yesterday, so I thought I'd make a card for the Inkspirational challenge.


Hmm, now if only I had a beautiful new bird stamp that I could use for this challenge...oh hey wait, I found one!  (Because my stamps are all nice and organized now.  I can FIND things.)


Maiden flight for the Perfect Peacock here!  He's not the only thing that was flying today though--I was trying to open up my Island Indigo ink pad and the top flew off it three feet across the room and landed on my plastic drawers right next to the wall.  Then it took me several minutes to get the stupid thing reconnected to the ink pad and now I have indigo fingers on both hands.

My silverware pattern is called Flight, but I don't have any silverware stamps.  Somehow I've never had the need for silverware stamps before, so I went with the peacock instead.

Looks like I'm going on a road trip this weekend to finally pick up our second car!  The hubs isn't crazy about me driving 10+ hours by myself, but I'll be fine.  Just need to make some more cards today so I can still post for the next couple days :)

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Perfect Peacock (it's a wood-mount stamp, but I put it on cling foam), Petite Pairs
Ink:  Versamark, Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush, Blush Blossom, Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede
Paper:  Island Indigo, Watercolor paper, All Abloom DSP stack, Very Vanilla (lining the inside)
Accessories:  Early Espresso EP

2 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That peacock is simply stunning! Like the torn paper. Must try that myself one day... Thanks for playing at Inkspirational!

Kim M said...

What a lovely card! Love that peacock! Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)