Thursday, November 13, 2014

Cordelia's Cards

Howdy, folks!  No matter what I say, I can't seem to get ahead with the card makin' so I've been doing my posts late.  It's a good thing I have to have my Nacho cards done a couple days ahead of time because this Tuesday I spent almost the whole day reading a book...and then went to bed too late because I was wired due to the cliffhanger ending :(  Can't wait for the next one!

But anyway!  Let's look at some cards, eh?  Um, a lot of stuff I used today is retired, because I have a giant stash so I might as well use it.


I said in last week's Friday Flashback that I wanted to make more cards with A Little Love so here's another one.  Up until last week, we could pretty much wear flip-flops around here, but today, it feels more like this:


I put on my heavy jacket to walk the dogs, probably could have used my gloves too, and it was AWESOME.  My mom keeps saying "boo on cold weather" but me, I'm loving it.  Might have something to do with the bit where I felt like Alabama was trying to kill me with heat and humidity for several months.

Anyway, I did two-for-the-price-of-one cards for the Color Throwdown:


Love those colors together.  And I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch:


And why, you may be wondering, did I call this post Cordelia's Cards?  Because, in an early episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cordelia Chase told someone else, "This may be hard to believe but I'm both a summer and a winter."  And for some reason I find that quote amusing.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  A Little Love
Ink:  Night of Navy, Pool Party, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango
Paper:  Pool Party, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Sycamore Street & Good Morning Sunshine DSPs
Accessories:  Circle & scalloped circle punches, Dimensionals, Tangerine Tango ribbon from SAB

Supplies, second card:
Stamps:  Festive Flurry
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Island Indigo, Sycamore Street & Quatrefancy DSPs
Accessories:  Festive Flurry Framelits, Pool Party EP, Dimensionals, Tangerine Tango ribbon from SAB, Brights Candy Dots

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I love these! The colors work so well with either season! Also love the flash back! :)
And I hear ya...Saturday was downright hot and right now the kids are out playing in the snow! Crazy!

CCsMom said...

It's for the colors -- summer and winter. She thought she looked good in both seasonal colors. Too funny. Wonder what happened to her.

Great colors, Chris. It's still very cold here. We got in the hot tub last night (froze coming and going), but at least the wind wasn't blowing. Smelled wood burning in someone's fireplace. Yep, it's WINTER here. Have a great day.

Vickie Z said...

Fun cards!! Love the layout and great use of the colors!! Thxs for playing at CTD!

Joan Ervin said...

I really love the papers you used and what an awesome sketch...both of your cards are fantastic!!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Broni said...

What fun cards! Great use of the colors!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!