Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Flashback: A Little Love

Happy Friday, peeps!  You know why I love the Friday Flashback?  It lets me dig back in my stash of retired SU! stamps and revisit some old favorites, and maybe make some new "old" favorites :)  Like today's set, A Little Love!  It's a cute little set of 12 bite-size images, so let's flashback!

Also features Ruff Day and All-Year Cheer

That little baby onesie with the "yeah, baby" sentiment under it is my FAVORITE stamp in this set.  I don't know why, but it makes me giggle every time I look at it.

Also features Loads of Love & Accessories and Something to Celebrate

I used the umbrella with the "showers of love" sentiment to make a background for this baby shower invite.  I think it can be difficult to come up with card ideas for such small images where they really take center stage instead of being more background elements like in those first two cards, so for today's new stuff I tried to really shine a light on the super-cute teeny stamps.


This quick little card was inspired by a couple of cards that Mary Fish posted not too long ago.  If the colors in the photo are off, I apologize--we won't get our new graphics card in for the Mac until next week, and sometimes I can't tell if a picture looks right on the laptop.  The card base of this one is Pink Pirouette and I stamped the little umbrella with Elegant Eggplant ink and then added a bit of color with markers.


When I saw the little candy machine stamp I thought hey, I have the perfect patterned paper to go with that!  So I had to make a bonus card for today's Friday Flashback.  Maybe I'll get crazy and make a few other cards with this set and next week will be A Little *More* Love?  Who knows!

Have a great weekend, peeps!

Supplies, last two cards:
Stamps:  A Little Love
Ink:  (first card) Elegant Eggplant, Pink Pirouette, Wisteria Wonder; (second card) StazOn Black, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Smoky Slate
Paper:  (first card) Pink Pirouette, Wisteria Wonder; (second card) Pool Party, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Sweet Shoppe Specialty DSP
Accessories:  (first card) what's the name of the punch pack in the current catalog?; (second card) 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" circle punches, scalloped circle punch, Dimensionals

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I really like that last one with the candy. You know how much of a candy person I am!!! But I love the colors and it's just really cute. Great job, Chris!