Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Flashback: Kind & Caring Thoughts

Happy Friday, folks, and I hope you're staying warm and toasty today.  Even here in Alabama, it's 28 degrees this morning.  I'm going to have to bundle up like an Eskimo to take my dogs for their walk!  Anyway, today's featured stamp set for the Friday Flashback is Kind & Caring Thoughts, which was a hostess set in the 2009-2010 catalog.  I like it, it's got a few floral images and a host of beautiful sentiment stamps.


For some reason I can't make it do captions on the photos right now?  This one features Sprinkles and Teeny Tiny Wishes in addition to Kind & Caring Thoughts.


And this one features Weather or Not.  I think this card is cute, but it makes me sad--I sent it to a friend of mine who was undergoing cancer treatment, but she later died of the disease.  I miss her every day.

So anyway, let's move on to today's new creations.


I chose the Lullaby DSP from the current catalog because I like the softer colors in it; these two are both sides of the same sheet of paper so I thought hey, why not make two cards.  I don't have many get well cards in my stash, and I can always use a thinking of you card, so there you go.

I used this week's hot-off-the-presses CASE(E) This Sketch:


That's it for me this week, peeps.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies, last cards only:
Stamps:  Kind & Caring Thoughts
Ink:  Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Hello Honey, Baked Brown Sugar
Paper:  Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Hello Honey, Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Lullaby DSP
Accessories:  Banner punch

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I'm so sorry about your friend! Hugs!
Your cards are beautiful! I love how soft and pretty they are! Wonderful take on the sketch!

CCsMom said...

I miss Neelu, too. Sweet, sweet person.

Very nice cards. I definitely like the softer colors for sympathy and get well cards. Very nice.