Monday, January 4, 2016

2015 Scrapbook Showcase, Part 2

Welcome back to the second half of the 2015 scrapbook showcase.  Know what I just noticed?  All of the layouts from the first half of the showcase had warm, bright colors for the page bases.  And all of the layouts for today are on the cooler end of the spectrum.  Just how it happened to turn out, so let's take a look!


July's pick is this layout from a Scottish castle which supposedly belonged to my ancestors a zillion years ago.  I'm glad I have a large stockpile of Baja Breeze cardstock to use in my scrapbooks, it is one of my favorite colors ever.


My pick for August is the first of my terracotta warriors layouts; this was my very favorite thing that we got to see in China.


In September, I was hard at work on baby books so September's pick is the first layout I did for my friend Jen's twin boy books.  I like how bold the orange and green are on the black page base.  Well, it's hard not to love everything with Cucumber Crush on it.


October's pick is this Parisian layout, for which I made my own fleur de lis patterned paper.  I probably have patterned paper somewhere in my stash that's already printed with fleur de lis, but I like how my homemade version turned out.  And also those stair pictures.


November's pick is this layout from our somewhat abortive Mount Fuji climb; that picture of the four of us in that cubby under the stairs is one of my very favorites and I need to put a framed one up in our house somewhere.


And to finish off the 2015 scrapbook showcase, December's pick is this layout from the church near the house where we lived in England.  I think that's my favorite place that we've lived, and that house is my favorite one that we've lived in too.

Okay, kids.  That was a very Scrappy Monday :)  Tune in tomorrow for...something.  I don't know what yet but I hope it's fabulous!

No comments: