Monday, November 30, 2015

8th Station

Hey, peeps!  How was your Thanksgiving?  Ours was pretty good--somehow all the food was ready at just about the same time with only minor mishaps (the apple pie was more like apple soup, which still has me very confused) and I think everyone had a good time (there were 8 of us {plus two dogs} for Thanksgiving dinner).  And I'm still working on getting the house back to normal, but my hubs did a lot of the dishes last week for which I will love him forever.

In other fantastic news, guess what?


I won the Global Design Project challenge last week with my Baylor bear card!  Squee!  Seriously, very excited about that.

And it just so happens that today's scrapbook layout is also bear-tastic.


This is the second layout (of four) for our Mount Fuji pictures, and the higher we got on the mountain the more disgruntled I look in the pictures.  If we'd actually made it to the top, I probably would have been shooting fire from my eyeballs, so maybe it's a good thing we didn't go higher than the 8th station.  So now the only Fuji layout you haven't seen is the one of us descending, since I shared the fourth layout on Friday.  I used different colors than on the first Fuji layout, but I kept the Garden Green and that Haiku pattern so you can kinda tell the layouts go together.


How much do I love that Thankful Forest Friends bear.  Seriously, y'all.  And as much as I hated climbing Mount Fuji (and I did, a LOT), this picture of me, the hubs, and our friends all tucked in our little cubby to sleep is one of my favoritest pictures ever.  (If you can't read over the polka dots, it says "Four Baylor bears in a cave".)


Today's color palette includes Brilliant Blue (I'm almost out of 8.5x11 in that color, but I still have quite a stash of 12x12), So Saffron, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, and Early Espresso.

Well, I need to go get ready to hit up the grocery store and do some laundry.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  Thankful Forest Friends
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Brilliant Blue, Garden Green, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi DSP, Haiku DSP
Accessories:  Oval Framelits, Sizzix alphabet

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

LOVE this. Do you know how high in feet you got on that mountain? We werer really high on Pike's Peak. Of course we didn't CLIMB it except on the cog train. I can't even imagine! Up where the air is rare.