Thursday, May 12, 2016

Applejack

So, this week I've shown you cards featuring four of the new In Colors:  Emerald Envy, Sweet Sugarplum, Dapper Denim, and Flirty Flamingo.  The last new In Color is Peekaboo Peach, and when I saw the cardstock I was stumped for what to do with that color.  And then I watched an episode of My Little Pony (which is a great show) and I realized one of my favorite ponies is Peekaboo Peach colored.


Hi Applejack!  (My other favorite pony is Pinkie Pie.  And also Apple Bloom.)  So in honor of Applejack, I pulled out the stamp set Apple of My Eye...


And made a peach card ;)  The new In Color DSP wasn't on the demonstrator preorder, or else I would have used that, but I think the So Saffron actually does look pretty good with Peekaboo Peach (and those are Applejack's two main colors).  I also do really like Peekaboo Peach with Real Red.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And because I've never done an APPLE card with Apple of My Eye, I made a second one.


Hey, finally an apple!  The proportions of the layers are slightly different just because I was using scraps and the Chocolate Chip scrap was thicker than the Emerald Envy scrap I used on the peach card.


So whaddya know, this stamp set DOES make apples after all.  I haven't made a pear yet though.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Apple of My Eye
Ink:  Peekaboo Peach, Real Red, Emerald Envy, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Peekaboo Peach, Real Red, Emerald Envy, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals

2 comments:

Cindy Hall said...

These cards are so cute! I like both the one with the 'homemade DSP' and the one with regular DSP. Nice, clean and simple. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim S said...

Yay! I just got that set from the retirement list!!! I love your colors and the patterns you've created on the paper. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!