Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Flashback: Fintastic

Happy Friday, everyone!  Today's Friday Flashback is for the cute little set Fintastic.


Aaaand there you go, that's all of the Flashback.  I got this set after it retired and was happy to use it on my friend Sarah's baby book for her daughter, but that's the only time I've used it.  Until now!


I resisted the urge to color her in like Ariel :)  Side note:  have you ever noticed that Ariel is the only one of Triton's daughters whose shell bra doesn't match the color of her tail?  True story.

I thought this week's colors from ColourQ would be perfect for an underwater scene:


I did think about using the Tangerine Tango for her hair (like Ariel), but then I decided to make my mermaid a brunette.  I stamped the image with Versamark and Midnight Muse, then embossed with clear EP so that I could watercolor without the ink smudging.

I also used this week's Mojo Monday sketch:

I like sketches with tilty layers.  Maybe because I always seem to take pictures crooked :)

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Fintastic, Stippled Shells
Ink:  Versamark, Midnight Muse, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Skintone Blendabilities
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Midnight Muse, Tangerine Tango, Thick Whisper White, Tangerine Tango DSP
Accessories:  Circle punches, Dimensionals, Clear EP

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Christy! thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

CCsMom said...

That is really cute. I do like the eyes peeping out from the clam's shell. I've even been digging for clams before! At the Clam Capital of the US -- Pismo Beach. Pretty cool.

Yay, it's almost the weekend and I can stick a fork in it. I have some cleaning to do at the casa besides wash. Hope I have some time to get creative, too. I can even start BACK on my geisha cross stitch with a clean conscience. LOVE YOU, my sweet girl!!!

Teresa Kline said...

cute, fabulous coloring! I am so glad you played along with the
mojo monday sketch!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*