Monday, November 6, 2017

Helsinki

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  How's it going?  The recovery from LASIK has been a little harder than I thought it would be but I know I'm getting better.  Probably helped that I was able to take long naps both yesterday and Saturday while the hubs was on baby duty.  My eyes are still a bit uncomfortable, but it helps if I'm doing something so I don't think about my eyeballs.  So yesterday I worked on some scrapbook pages, but they're not quite done yet so today I'm sharing some pages I made a while back.


This is another layout from our 2014 Baltic cruise (pictures here).  Helsinki was probably our least favorite port, no offense to the Finns.  We didn't have anything specific we wanted to see and it was drizzly all day (and also what today's weather looks like).  We did like the Sibelius monument; he was a composer and what's funny is he didn't do organ music and yet the monument looks like an organ.  Heh.


Super simple stamped title on patterned paper.


Today's color palette:  Island Indigo, Cool Caribbean (reaching way back into the past for that one!), and Mint Macaron.  Island Indigo and Mint Macaron were in the Blooms & Bliss paper, and I was surprised how much I liked the touch of Cool Caribbean with those colors.

Anyway, Little Mister is ready to get out of his bouncer and start wandering all over the house again.  He got hurt last night--he was up on top of one of our end tables and slid down it, which he's done before but this time he banged his chin on the way down and his bottom teeth cut his upper gums.  He's fine but hubs did feel guilty about it since he was watching the kiddo.  But anyway, like I said, time for me to chase the baby all over the house until naptime.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Taffy Alphabet
Ink:  Island Indigo
Paper:  Island Indigo, Cool Caribbean, Blooms & Bliss DSP
Accessories:  None

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Yep, you can WATCH them do things and not be able to stop it. Things just happen. Shoot, poor little man!

Great colors, Kik!!! Love the layout.