Thursday, November 2, 2017

Bold Baby

Hey, y'all, how's it going?  I got this card made yesterday evening but I woke up a little late this morning so I didn't have time to do a blog post before Ryan and I headed off for yoga.  So here it is now:


The stamps in Letters for You are so large that they necessitated a 5x7 card.  I rotated this week's Freshly Made Sketch 90 degrees:


I thought the current Global Design Project theme challenge was interesting:


Lots of ways to interpret that, but in our house, well...we have a baby so that seemed like a natural fit :)

Here's this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Real Red, Bermuda Bay, and retired Cucumber Crush for my card.  I've said it before, but it's fun to play with bold colors for baby cards.

And finally, here's this week's What Will You Stamp? challenge:


I got this stamp set for scrapbook pages but so far it's only made one appearance.  I would have done a scrapbook layout for this challenge, but it's getting harder for me to do scrapbook pages while Ryan naps.  I keep trying though.

Speaking of my little one, looks like he's about ready to get up from his nap.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Letters for You, Moon Baby
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Cucumber Crush, Real Red, Basic Black
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Thick Whisper White, watercolor paper
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

8 comments:

CCsMom said...

Got your Vlad card today -- yes, he IS nice in person!!! I really like that stamp set -- so cute! But you know me and Halloween. Actually I'm thinking about getting Clara's tree out and maybe even decorate it as I need to find Ryan one the same size -- and I need to see it again so I can compare. Can't wait to get those out and complete. It will be exciting!

Thanks for the card. I enjoyed getting something in the mail. I do like this card. I have a special place in my heart for stars. In fact, Ryan's tree skirt for Christmas is blue with silver STARS on it -- and that is Christmassy to me, too!!! Love you!

Wanda Cullen said...

Great way to combine all of the challenges! Sweet CAS design! Thanks for playing along with us again at Color Throwdown!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! Love that you've turned the sketch around! Great colour combination! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Connie Collins said...

Christy, what a great way to combine several challenges into one beautiful card. I especially love the watercolored background. Thanks for joining us this week on Global Design Project.

Lori said...

So sweet! These colors look great on your baby card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Unknown said...

Thank you for playing along with the Global Design Project! I love the background and baby theme.

Tracy Elsom said...

What a lovely baby card Christy. Thank you for joining us on the What Will You Stamp? Challenge this week.

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!