Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Autumn Silhouettes

Howdy, peeps, how's it going this rainy Wednesday morning?  I need to go make myself a cuppa tea so I can wake up a bit more.  But anyway, you're here to see a pretty card, am I right?


I made this one for this week's Global Design Project challenge:


I used the same colors (Cherry Cobbler, Tip Top Taupe, Very Vanilla, and a little bit of Crushed Curry) and I kept the large circle element as well as the Cherry Cobbler banner, though I used the sketch from Mojo Monday instead:


And even though it's Tall & Skinny week at Mojo Monday, I did a regular A2 card because that's what size envelopes I have.  I was going to make my card a thank you card as in the GDP inspiration, but I need a couple more birthday cards in the next week or so, and thus my birthday card came to be.  And even though the main image is stamped with a set called Summer Silhouettes, I think I made it look nice and autumnal ;)

Ok peeps, I'm off to make some tea so I can then conquer the world.  Or at least get my list of things to do started.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Petite Pairs
Ink:  Tip Top Taupe, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Tip Top Taupe, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Hexagon punch

5 comments:

Brian King said...

Christy Lynn - what a great combination of these two challenges! I love how you've used these colors from the GDP to create a beautiful birthday card. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project CASE the Designer challenge - I'm glad you joined us.

CCsMom said...

Beautiful colors. I am so happy fall is here. It's my absolute favorite time of the year -- from Halloween and going into Thanksgiving. And then Christmas is quick on the heels. Just think about what WE have coming up as a family!!! So thankful for my family and time together. Love you!

Paula Dobson said...

Your combination of the two challenges works so well Christy. Your card has a lovely autumnal feel and I love the sponging around the focal image. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week.

Tanya said...

This is REALLY pretty! I love the colors together!

Unknown said...

Great job mixing the colors from Global Design Project and the Mojo Monday sketch. Thanks for playing along with Global Design Project this week.