Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Because You're Awesome

Mornin', y'all.  Guess what?  It's snowing here again, or at least it was a little bit ago.  However, the temperature is far enough above freezing that it melted as soon as it hit the ground, so for all intents and purposes it was more like raining.  Schools are still on a delay here or cancelled altogether.  Panic much?  Well, maybe it was below freezing in Maryland.

Anyway, card for the day.


That, my friends, is the superfantastic Botanicals For You Sale-a-Bration set, and this is its maiden voyage.  I like the giant sentiment and those flowers are very forgiving--the only thing I used a Stamp-a-Ma-Jig for was the part on the Blushing Bride banner, the rest was freehand stamping.

My color combo today is from Fab Friday's first challenge of the year, welcome back Fab Friday:


Imma tell you a secret:  I don't like any of those colors together.  Even the Watermelon Wonder and Blushing Bride that are paired up in the Birthday Bouquet DSP.  I don't know, I think they clash, like navy blue and black together (MOM).  But anyway, this is a *challenge*, so I tried it.  And I do like my card today, I think having the three pink/red shades in just small stamped images helps it not look so clashy to me.  So I'm still glad I gave it a shot.

That's it for me today, peeps.  I am in fact coming down with the crud that my hubs and my mom have had, and every time I cough my girl dog looks very concerned and runs away.  Why am I apologizing to the dog that my cold is inconveniencing her?  I think she wants me to get rid of this cough even faster than I want to get rid of it.  She's weird like that.

Cheers, peeps!  *cough cough* ; )

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Botanicals For You
Ink:  Basic Black, Watermelon Wonder, Real Red, Blushing Bride
Paper:  Watermelon Wonder, Blushing Bride, Whisper White
Accessories:  Hexagon punch

7 comments:

Tanya said...

I really like your card! You made the colors work! :)

CCsMom said...

Very nice, cheerful card, Kik!

Heather said...

Aww, look how bright and cheery this came out! I was a bit thrown by these colors, too - but I love your take (with my fave SAB set, too!) Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

LOL!!! I love your honesty :-) The colors are a bit in your face or just not everyone's cup of tea or something ...but they look great with that big, bold sentiment. And that's what challenges are for, right? And now I'll tell you a little secret...I came up with the combo for this one...by accident...there were ink blobs on my scrap paper and they just worked.... :-) Thanks for playing at Fab Friday! Glad we could challenge you ;-)

Brian King said...

Such a great use of these colors! Not one of them overpowers the other. The banner across the bottom completes the thought perfectly. Thank you so much for playing along with this FabFriday Color Challenge!

Amanda Mertz said...

Well done with our colors in spite of not liking them! I have a hard time with the red-pink combo myself. The bold black sentiment balances out the bright colors very well! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Unknown said...

I just love the sentiment mixed with the cheerful and colorful flowers!! Def one of my favorite cards! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fab Friday!