Monday, December 12, 2016

Marfon Chompuns

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Seems like it's all Christmas stuff all the time right now and I'm contrary so I'm posting a non-Christmas layout even though I have three Christmas ones in the queue.  But these are the two most recent pages I've completed and so that's what I'm putting up today.


Not Christmas, but still red :)  Pictures are from the Great Wall Marathon in China (duh), don't let my hubs or Missy tell you we did the marathon (marfon) because we only did the 5K.  We had a terminally stupid tour guide in Beijing whom we dubbed You Don't Know Jack (his "American name" was Jack) and YDKJ would talk about the "marfon" and how "we are the chompuns" (champions) and those two words have entered into our permanent vocabulary.  And now they're immortalized on scrapbook pages too.

I discovered I only had four pictures from marfon day, so since I was ordering prints anyway I got an 8x10 of the four of us post-race (we only ran, like, the last 100 yards).  Sometimes you just need a giant print on your scrapbook layout.


Today's color palette is Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Tip Top Taupe, Basic Black, and Whisper White.  I like a nice strong red page base every so often on my scrapbook layouts.  So this week I have to get Christmas letters written and cards mailed out so I can concentrate on scrappin' again for at least a little bit :)  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type, Simply Stars
Ink:  Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
Paper:  Real Red, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Tip Top Taupe DSP
Accessories: large star punch, postage stamp punch, lettering template

No comments: