Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday Flashback: Partridge & Pears

So, today's Friday Flashback was almost a day late and a dollar short :)  Time got away from me this afternoon as I was working on a Christmas present for the hubs.  But anyway, today's stamp set is Partridge & Pears!  This was one of the holiday catalog sets two years ago, and I got it on a whim right before it retired (I think it was discounted?) and have never used it before today.


And here is a Christmas card I absolutely would not want to mass-produce; it took a long time to color in the image.  I used a blender pen and ink pad lids for most of it, except for the lighter sides of the leaves I used an Aquapainter and then blender pen for the darker side so it's all the same color just different intensities.  And I colored in the berries with a Soft Sky marker because it's just so pale anyway.  They also have some clear Wink of Stella on them but you can't tell because they're so wee.


Managed to use all four stamps in the set on this one card!  I meant to color in the pear on the inside but I forgot before I took the picture and hubs wants to go out to dinner sometime before tomorrow morning so I'm typing fast.

For the card front, I used the excellent sketch from Fab Friday:


And I pulled out last year's Season of Cheer DSP for the background panels just because I love it.

Okay, I've got a date with a wonderful guy and a Mexican restaurant.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Partridge & Pears
Ink:  Basic Black, Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Soft Sky, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Thick Whisper White, Season of Cheer DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals, clear Wink of Stella pen

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yowza! I ADORED this stamp set, so bummed it had such a short life. And so glad I kept it anyway - thanks for reminding me to check out the Room of Retirement, lol. LOVE your colors on this one! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Very cute and I love the use of the tree here! Just perfect! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

Such a cute image....I don't even remember this one!?! I love how you matched up the DSP and the image...a perfect pairing for your pear tree haha! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!