Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A Tranquil Hello

Mornin', y'all!  How's it going this fair Tuesday?  It's nice and sunny out here today, a nice change after a lot of rain yesterday.

Today's card looks sort of watery, too.


AAAAHHHHH I love the new Designer Series Paper.  This is Delightful Daisy, and as it happens I used both sides of a single sheet of paper.  I'm glad I got to play around a bit with Tranquil Tide for this card, I looooooooooooove that color and need to use it more.  Delightful Daisy has the color Daffodil Delight in it, but on the circular pattern the yellow was softened so it looks more like So Saffron, so I used that for my card base.

I used the latest sketch from As You See It:


And the inspiration challenge from Just Add Ink:


Isn't that gorgeous?  I die cut "love" out of copper foil paper, which was inspired by this copper pitcher.  The swirly circular design on the DSP reminded me of the AYSI sketch, and lucky for me the colors in the paper also hearkened back to this inspiration picture.  And once I had these two challenges in mind, this card came together superfast, which is good because the kiddo was starting to wake up as I worked on it.  I feel like I should rename my blog Urgent Naptime Crafter.  :p

Well, I'm off to see what I can accomplish today while little Ryan is napping.  He's moved around some so I might not have much time before he's awake and ready for his next bottle...

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sunshine Sayings
Ink:  Tranquil Tide
Paper:  So Saffron, Tranquil Tide, Thick Whisper White, Delightful Daisy DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, Dimensionals

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I love these papers (and Tranquil Tide) too! So pretty with the metallic sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us this week!

Jan said...

This is a lovely CAS card Christy! I love the mix of papers you've chosen and the touch of gold in your sentiment is beautiful too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to use this DSP - such a great idea to use both sides of the same sheet too. The circular pattern on the paper works well with your layout. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jane Knudsen said...

Wowza Christy! This card is really beautiful! I love the softness of the dsp but really love how you used the copper to diecut the word. Really stunning! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

I do like your DSP and I especially like the way you've cut the centre piece so that you get a real sense of movement. The copper is a beautiful addition. Thanks for joining us again at As You See It.

Heather Cooper said...

You've made really clever use of designer paper for this challenge, Christy, and such gorgeous paper choices as well. I love the addition of the copper metallic sentiment and I agree that the So Saffron was a great choice for the card base! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at As You See It Challenges!

Teresa Kline said...

hello I luv this card, I was soooo inspired by the inspiration photo...you have created a fabulous card! I am so glad you played along with the
As you see it!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Narelle Farrugia said...

Totally gorgeous! I love your take on the inspiration pic! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!