Friday, June 2, 2017

Cool Summer Treat

Happy Friday, y'all!  Looks like it won't be much longer before Ryan is trying to "help" me type up my blog posts...he's starting to reach out for the keyboard when I hold him in my lap :)  He's also working really hard on his "mmmmm" sound so he sounds like the monster on Young Frankenstein.

My little monster napped just long enough yesterday afternoon for me to make this card:


I got Cool Treats I think when I did a big SU! order for my birthday but this is its maiden inky voyage.  Having a baby kinda derailed my stampy plans for a little bit ;)  How do you like my stripey paper?  I made it myself.  The "stripe" is actually the stem stamp from Sunshine Sayings; it's got just a little curve to it and I didn't line up my stripes exactly so it gives kind of a hand-drawn feel to the stripes.  Uh, probably would have been faster if I'd just drawn the stripes with markers but that's not where my brain went!

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And I was utterly incapable of resisting the Just Add Ink color challenge:

I've kinda had a hard time working with Peekaboo Peach, so I'm going to have to file this color combination for use again, maybe in a scrapbook layout.  It's a perfect combo for summer!

Well, my little boy is starting to get his wiggle on so I'd better put him on his play mat for a while.  See if I can't convince him to turn that "mmmm" sound into Mama! ;)  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cool Treats, Sunshine Sayings
Ink:  Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Peekaboo Peach, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Peekaboo Peach, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Frozen Treats Framelits, retired Circles Framelits (I needed an extra-large circle), Dimensionals

8 comments:

CCsMom said...

Do they sell double-sided paper at Stampin' Up? That's what I thought this was -- that you just turned down that rounded portion. That would work, too. I like the colors!!! And the card is cute!

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a fun design Christy. Stripes, sprinkles and icecream...perfect match. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Jan said...

This card is a fabulous taste of summer Christy! I love that you stamped your own DSP- it looks very professional! And how your sprinkle stamping and sentiment compliments your peach ice cream so beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jen Mitchell said...

Sweet card. I love that you created your own striped DSP! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

LeAnne said...

What a yummy, fun creation!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is such a wonderful card! I love how you've combined these challenges - the ice-cream looks fabulous with these mix of colours! thanks for joining us at FMS and JAI this week!

KimB said...

Christy this is a really fun summer card! I love how your stamped stripes echoes the curvy swirl stripes of your ice cream . Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Rochelle Blok said...

Such a fun and bright card Christy! Love the mix of the stripes and sprinkles. The ice cream finishes off the card for that summery feel. Thanks for playing along and supporting us this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo