Thursday, March 21, 2019

Spring Sunflower Mosaic

Confession:  I have no idea what time of year sunflowers bloom.  And I know that generally they don't have pinkish centers, but two of the fabulous things about stamping are that a.) you can have flowers anytime you want and b.) they can be any COLOR you want too :)  So here's my spring sunflowers!


I started with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


The first thought that popped in my head was to do a larger image and then cut it up to form the nine squares on the sketch, so that's what I did.  Then it took me a ridiculously long time to figure out how the squares fit together again because I'm silly like that.

I used the springy color palette from Global Design Project:


And that was it.  Pretty simple, really--stamps and ink, a couple sponges, and a paper trimmer.  And a bit of adhesive, but that's it.  I know who needs this card too, so I hope to get it in the mail before the end of the week.

Gotta run--cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Harvest, Part of My Story
Ink:  Grapefruit Grove, Lemon Lime Twist, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  none

3 comments:

Amy O said...

Those are two great reasons to love stamping. I love how you've cut this gorgeous scene into the squares for the sketch. Very clever! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love your pink centered sunflowers and love the way you used the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Your flowers are fabulous!! No need to follow any "rules". My sunflowers in VA bloom in the summer and stay around until early fall, usually. Yours are perfect all year long!! Always happy to see you at FMS!