Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Sweet Celebration

Hey kids!  How's your week going?  Mine is a bit less hectic than last week, for which I am thankful.  Yesterday got off to a less-than-stellar start though...Sadie (my baby girl doggo) knocked my tea over...but it was in the kitchen so it was easy to clean up.  Then my water bottle got turned over in my bag on the way to the gym and of course the lid wasn't shut all the way, so all the stuff in my bag got wet...but at least it was just water and the worst of the damage was to an old blue folder, nothing permanent to anything else that was in my bag.  So even though those were annoying events, there was still a silver lining to both of them, and in the afternoon I managed to make this card before my kiddo woke up from his nap...although he's talking now and trying to get me to go get him up as I type this blog post :)


The lighting in my picture isn't great but it's what I can get at 5:00 in the afternoon.  The cupcake is from a Sale-a-Bration set, and the sentiment is from Sweetest Thing in the current Occasions catalog.  On the inside of the card, I stamped a "Happy Birthday" from Sweetest Thing on a scrap of Bermuda Bay, cut it out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits in an oval, and stuck it on the Lovely Lipstick card base.

I started with this fabulous color challenge from Just Add Ink:


It is all things bright and beautiful and I am HERE for it.  I don't know what flavor my bright purple cupcake is, maybe it tastes like grape Jolly Ranchers.  I paired the color palette with the Paper Players sketch:


Fun sketch, I like it.  I always like it when sketches give me a good way to use up skinny scraps of cardstock!

That's it for me today, peeps.  Have a great Wednesday!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hello Cupcake, Sweetest Thing
Ink:  Lovely Lipstick, Gorgeous Grape, Bermuda Bay, Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White
Paper:  Lovely Lipstick, Gorgeous Grape, Bermuda Bay, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Stitched Shapes Framelits

3 comments:

Denita Wright-Smee said...

A gorgeous little cupcake, Christy. Thankyou for playing along with the JAI Colour Challenge. Denita x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love those colours Christy (I was bummed I didn't get time to play along at JAI this week!) and who doesn't love a cupcake as sweet as this?! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

What a great color combo...and so perfect for creating a yummy looking cupcake! You did a great job with the sketch. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!