Friday, March 29, 2019

Adventurous Octopus

Woohoo it's Friday y'all!  This weekend, a certain octopus wishes you to have a wonderful adventure.


When I saw this week's Freshly Made Sketch, I very quickly decided to bust out my still-nameless octopus...seriously, why doesn't he have a name yet?  OH WAIT I'VE GOT IT!  Let's call him Octavius, but for short we'll call him Gus like the mouse on Cinderella.  Gus the Octopus.  I like it!  Okay, I feel better now that he has a name.  Anyway!


Fun news to share, my Sunflower Mosaic card was chosen as a Princess card!  I was also a special mention at Global Design Project for the same card.  I was rather proud of that card, so it's nice that it got chosen for those two challenges :)

Back to Gus!  Sea of Textures was one of the first two stamp sets I got from the catalog when it went live last summer, and it's been far too long since I last inked it up so I was glad of this sketch for an excuse to use it again.  I decided to use some Lovely Lipstick foil cardstock for the little stripe on the right--it was a Sale-a-Bration option but has since sold out.  Might as well use it, right?  I inked up Gus with Grapefruit Grove and then sponged on a bit of Lovely Lipstick, which left me with a nice bit of shading on his head and his tentacles.  I love that technique for achieving some color variation on more solid stamps.  I also went over him with Wink of Stella for a bit of shine, but you can't see it at all in the photo.  Looks nice in person.

Well, you heard Gus...have a wonderful adventure this weekend!  Cheers.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sea of Textures
Ink:  Grapefruit Grove, Lovely Lipstick, Night of Navy
Paper:  Night of Navy, Thick Whisper White, Tranquil Textures DSP, Lovely Lipstick Foil Sheet
Accessories:  Under the Sea Thinlits, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, this is the first time I've seen an octopus on a card! I'll admit - not one of my favorite sea creatures. But he looks pretty good in orange! Glad you got a chance to ink him up and give him a name! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!