Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Texas Yellow Roses & Goal Check-In

Hey, y'all!  Happy Wednesday.  How's your week going?  We're looking forward to the holiday weekend!

In the meantime I have a super summery card to share:


Having some more fun with To a Wild Rose and its coordinating dies.  And also plaid, because plaid is fun.  The scrapbook layouts I'm currently mid-process on also feature plaid :)  Back to the card!  I was inspired by the CASE the Designer challenge from Global Design Project:


I kept the idea of large flowers on a plaid background but tried to make it my own, ya know?  I used some retired plaid paper in Lemon Lime Twist because I refuse to believe LLT is actually retired ;)  The rose on the right is popped up to give the card some dimension.  I thought about adding some sequins, but in the end I decided that sequins would just be too much on here.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  To a Wild Rose
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Lemon Lime Twist, Call Me Clover
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Thick Whisper White, Gingham Gala DSP
Accessories:  Wild Rose dies, Dimensionals

Well, since we're halfway through the year, I thought it would be a good idea to check in on my annual goals (you can read about those here).

1.  Make 200 scrapbook pages.  I'm currently at 86, which at first made me a little discouraged, but really that's only 7 layouts away from being right on track.  I've made some great progress on Ryan's baby book, I've finished a LOT of older photos, and I'm having fun.  So pretty happy about this goal.

2.  Finish Ryan's baby book.  I'm up to October/November!  I have to get a few photos printed in different sizes but again, making good progress and some of these pages are SO. STINKING. CUTE.

3.  Organize photos.  Well, I got through all the ones for the last two years (a.k.a. Ryan pictures), but I haven't gone back to the older photos to weed out shots we don't need.  So half credit here.

4.  End the year with fewer unread books on my Kindle than when I started.  AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.  Yeah I have a feeling this is going to be the toughest one to do.  I'm trying to be better about just getting rid of books if I start them and don't enjoy them, rather than forcing myself to slog through something that isn't fun, so at least I'm holding steady at about +4 or +5 from where I started.  Needs improvement.

5.  Finish The Accolade.  Um, if I don't post as much this month, it's because I'm obsessively working on this!  I've got just over 5% left to do, and I'm so excited that the end is in sight.  This thing is looking pretty spectacular.


1 comment:

Connie Collins said...

Christy, I love how you used the CASE challenge as inspiration but made it completely your own. Thanks for joining us at Global Design Project.