Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Welcome to Okinawa & 2019 Goals

Howdy, y'all!  I've been enjoying a bit of a break with the holidays but I should be starting back up with the ol' blog next week.  In the meantime, here's a layout that I finally got photographed yesterday:


This was from January 2008, so 11 years ago now and we still have these two crazies.  I used the Wintergreen DSP again and I'm seriously thinking about looking for more on eBay or something because I has a sad when I think how close I am to being out of it.  And there's my favorite paw print stamp, I don't even know who makes it but I use it a lot on my doggy scrapbook pages.  (Yes I am making a scrapbook for my dogs...well really it's for me but it's all dog pictures.  I don't care if you think I'm crazy, I love my fur babies.)


Color palette is almost straight out of the patterned paper:  Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, and Night of Navy (navy is not in the paper but I like it with all those greens and blues).  I would never have put Certainly Celery and Always Artichoke together on my own, but I do really like how it looks.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Labeler Alphabet, Whimsical Alphabet Upper, non-SU paw print
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Night of Navy
Paper:  Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Wintergreen DSP
Accessories:  Circle Punches





Okay, so instead of resolutions, I have GOALS for 2019 and a lot of them are paper craft-related, so I'm sharing them here so I have them written down somewhere and I can keep myself accountable.

Goals for scrapbooking!
1.  Make 200 scrapbook pages (so 100 double-page layouts).  I got fairly close to that in 2018 (178 finished, 8 more just need journaling but I'm bugging the hubs to do that this weekend), so I think I can do this as long as I keep at it regularly.
2.  Finish Ryan's baby book.  I pretty much finished June so I've got 8 months left to do.  And then I'll start sharing those here when I finish up the China posts on Sundays.
3.  Work on getting my pictures organized.  I've done a lot of organization on them, but I know we have a LOT of extra pictures...like, we don't need 75 nearly identical shots of Neuschwanstein, and I can cull out blurry pictures and stuff too so when I'm looking for something in particular it won't take me forever to find it.  I also need to organize recent photos of Ryan and order them so I have even MORE photos to scrapbook ;)  I'm hoping to make the organization progress a weekly thing, like on Sunday mornings we have muffins or pancakes or waffles or whatever for breakfast, so I can work on the photos for a bit while I eat breakfast on Sundays.  That's my plan.

Goal for reading!
1.  End the year with fewer unread books on my Kindle than I started, so the number to beat is 125.  Basically I want to read faster than I buy books, haha.  Ummm so is now the time to mention that I just got two more books for free with Kindle First and yesterday my friend alerted me to another free book so I'm already +3?  Yeah this goal is going well.  At least those three books were all free?

Goal for cross stitching!
1.  Finish The Accolade.  I started working on this in 2011, and I've put in 18 months of work on it over the past 7+ years, and this year I'm going to FINISH IT.  I've got several projects in mind when that one is done, but here's my progress pic on it:


I'm about 78% done, hope to finish it by this summer.

So.  Five goals.  I think they're all reasonable as long as I keep them in mind as I go along this year.  With that in mind, I have the supplies for my next layout on my craft table right now, so I'm going to go get started.  Cheers, y'all!

No comments: