Tuesday, January 19, 2021

SUO Challenges: Looking for LOVE

 Mornin', y'all!  It's time for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!

 


Valentine's Day is just under 4 weeks away so this time we are lookin' for LOOOOOVE!  Doesn't have to be romantic love either, I love my friends and I think the card I made for today's challenge will end up going to my mom rather than my husband.


I kinda went literal with the challenge and found a stamp that says "Love" on it.  My mom loves the Love stamps from the post office so this will be perfect for her.  I used Just Jade, Magenta Madness, and Petal Pink for my colors, and I was inspired by the cards on page 18 of the Stampin' Up! catalog for the layout.  There's lots of great inspiration in there if you're feeling stuck!  My Magenta Madness swirly circle is from the Painted Labels dies, and I was able to use one of the Layering Circles dies to cut out the center part, love how that turned out.  I just needed a little something behind the postage stamp to give it some oomph but a solid circle of Magenta Madness would have been too much.

Okay, your turn!  Upload your lovely card over on the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Posted for You
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Petal Pink, Stampin' Blends in Just Jade, Petal Pink, Magenta Madness
Paper:  Just Jade, Magenta Madness, Petal Pink, Thick Very Vanilla, Forever Greenery DSP
Accessories:  Rectangular Postage Stamp punch, Painted Labels dies, Layering Circles dies, Dimensionals, retired sequins

 

2 comments:

CraftyHunnypots said...

Loving the colours you've used Christy and I think your mom is going to absolutely love this especially as she loves the love stamps from the post office x Natalie Arnold

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Fantastic color combination and I love how you made it all work. Your mom is going to love this.