Saturday, January 30, 2021

Dragon Parade

 Mornin' y'all!  I got another card made on Thursday and I can't wait to share it :)


As soon as I saw the Festive Friday challenge, I knew I would have to play along even if it meant getting up at four in the morning to stamp while Ryan was asleep.  (Thankfully I didn't have to do that.)  Hubs and I lived in Japan for almost three years (Okinawa, to be precise) so I have a collection of Asian-themed stamps and I will take any excuse to ink them up!  Here's the Festive Friday inspo list:


I used a dragon (of course), red (Poppy Parade), gold (embossing powder), and foil paper (also gold).  As it happens, I also have stamps with lanterns, fish and coins, but I had to use this teeny tiny dragon because he's my favorite.  I didn't know at first what kind of sentiment I wanted to use, and I was just looking through my stamp sets when this one in Loyal Leaves caught my eye and it made me think of Mushu from the animated Mulan movie (which I adore).  So there's my Chinese New Year card!

Check ya later, peeps.

Supplies, all SU! (some retired):
Stamps:  Ancient Asia, Loyal Leaves
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Versamark
Paper:  Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, Brights DSP, Gold Foil
Accessories:  Gold EP, Hippo & Friends dies, Dimensionals, Gold Glitter Enamel Dots

1 comment:

Beth McCullough said...

So cool that you lived in Japan! I'm super glad we gave you an excuse and I really like your Asian card and such an awesome sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge!