Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Flashback: Heartfelt Thanks

This week's Friday Flashback stamp set is Heartfelt Thanks, which is probably one of Stampin' Up!'s most popular stamp sets ever (at least based on the fact that there are 7,000+ cards in its Splitcoast gallery!).  I had several Heartfelt Thanks cards in my archives so rather than inundate you with all of them, I just picked a couple older creations to share and then one new one.


This was for a Ways to Use It challenge to use inchies.  It was also for a color challenge because I hardly ever reach for Bravo Burgundy by choice : )

Stamps:  Heartfelt Thanks, Paisley, Holidays & Wishes
Remaining supply list can be found here.


This one uses all the same stamps as the card above with the addition of En Francais.  The technique for the background squares is called Serendipity and it works like this:

1.  Start with a piece of white or vanilla paper and ink it up with two colors of ink, direct to paper.  Start wondering if you picked colors that don't go together at all.
2.  Stamp over it with a background stamp in a third color just to add to the mess.
3.  Heat emboss the flower all over on top of everything and think to yourself that this is going to be really, really not pretty.
4.  Cut or punch it into squares and somehow magically it looks much cooler.  Act like you're not surprised and that you knew it was going to be okay from the start.
5.  Rearrange your pieces on a mat however you like and build the rest of your card from there.

Stamps:  Heartfelt Thanks, Paisley, Holidays & Wishes, En Francais
Remaining supply list can be found here.


And here's my new Heartfelt Thanks card, which was oddly enough inspired by a card I made years ago using Carved & Candlelit.  I chose a sketch & color challenge I hadn't done yet and voila, here it is.  I wanted the sentiment to be in the middle of the flower image, but that left me with a lot of empty space on the bottom right so I added a Glimmer Brad.  The sketch is a little on the complicated side for me, but on the whole I like how this turned out.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Heartfelt Thanks, Occasional Quotes
Ink:  Versamark, Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, Certainly Celery
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Attic Boutique & Twitterpated DSP
Accessories:  clear EP, retired In Color Glimmer Brad, Fancy Fan embossing folder

I recently went through and organized all my card and scrapbook project photos (hence why I was looking at that old Carved & Candlelit card) and I noticed that for the first several years, I hardly ever used patterned paper.  Instead, I used a lot of background stamps.  Now I think it's mostly DSP, sometimes embossing folders, and rarely do I break out the backgrounds.  Note to self:  use more background stamps : )  Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this Friday Flashback!

No comments: