Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Flashback: Measure of a Life

It's that time again!  This week's Friday Flashback stamp set is Measure of a Life, which is another one of those old SU! sets that I love and I think I've used a lot more than I really have, so perhaps I stamp in my dreams.  Because the "flashback" part of today's post is exactly one card, and I coulda sworn I'd used this stamp set more than that!


I love dragonfly images.  I know I totally CASEd this from someone else on Splitcoast, because I think that's the one and only time I've done that thing with the oval punch and the brad.  Not that I don't like it, it just never occurs to me to do that kind of thing.   Oh, looks like it was two cards, this one and this one.

So I felt kinda bad that I hadn't used this set any more often (though this was a stamp club card, so I did make multiples of it), and so I made two new cards for today's Flashback.


You might recognize this layout from an Easter card I did a while back, I'm kind of in love with it.  This is also for three Dare to Get Dirty challenges and don't ask me how my brain comes up with this stuff but I somehow combined ideas from two different inspiration pictures.


And this one is for four DTGD challenges plus an old color challenge.  If you count the Friday Flashback as a challenge (well, it is kind of a personal challenge), that means this card is for six challenges which has got to be a personal record.  I used Daffodil Delight and Old Olive for the polished stone, which kinda melted together a bit and sorta looks like I used Pear Pizzazz in there too which was a nice surprise.  I need to get a Pear Pizzazz ink refill.

And that's all she wrote today, folks!  Have a great weekend.

Supplies, sunflower card, all SU!
Stamps:  Measure of a Life
Ink:  Chocolate Chip craft & classic ink, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, retired Tempting Turquoise DSP, Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP
Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits, More Mustard brads, clear EP, Dimensionals

Supplies, butterfly card, all SU!
Stamps:  Measure of a Life, Mixed Bouquet, Warmest Regards
Ink:  Versamark, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Daffodil & Olive ink refills
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Glossy White, retired Old Olive DSP
Accessories:  clear EP, Daffodil Delight brad

No comments: