Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Typhooooon!

I am still having a ball with scrapbooking.  Wanna see?


Those are the pics from the one and only typhoon that we experienced during our time on Okinawa, and where we lived at least it wasn't any worse than a regular rainstorm and we got a free day off of work.  There was some damage further north on the island, but nothing major.

Anywha, I obviously did not learn my lesson from the Saint Paul's layout because I cut out my letters again.  And in a really unusual move for me, I didn't even consult my sketch binder for this layout.  I put the pics out on the table and this immediately came to mind, so I went with it.  I wanted a high-energy feeling so I picked bright colors:  Calypso Coral and its Dynamic Duo Crisp Cantaloupe, Brilliant Blue (retired), and then the grass in the pics is Garden Green.  And as of now, this is the only layout I have done for our last year in Okinawa, but I hope to change that soon.  I've got loads and loads of pics to choose from to scrap, so as long as I'm in this groove I'm gonna go full steam ahead on whatever pics happen to inspire me; I'll worry about getting them all in the proper albums later.

Wanna see one of my crafty helpers?  Here's Sadie, a.k.a. Sadie Belle, Baby Girl, Miss Bee, Muffin, Fluffy Butt, Fluffernutter, Say-Say:


Ok, so sometimes it seems like my little doglets are more of a hindrance than a help since they either hang out under the table (where I have to remember not to accidentally kick them) or right behind my rolling chair (where I have to watch out not to run over tails).  But I like the company.  And you can see how I use the floor next to my chair as an extension of my work surface; luckily for me the dogs are generally pretty good about not stepping on things, though I wouldn't put my scrapbook pages down on the floor just in case.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  none
Ink:  Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue (both retired)
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White, Brilliant Blue DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Pagerz lettering template (I don't think they make them anymore, I imagine I'm in the minority with my penchant for cutting out letters)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

The title is very cool tho! I love the sponging!!