Monday, December 9, 2013

Joyful Christmas Wedgwood

I'm finally back in my craft room again making some new projects so yay!  I'm pretty excited about how today's card turned out.  Take a looksie:


In October when the hubs and I went to Liverpool for the weekend, we stopped by the Wedgwood factory on the way there.  Now, when I think Wedgwood, I think of the blue ceramic with white designs on it, so I was surprised (and I won't lie, more than a little disappointed) to find out that the factory nowadays does mostly china and very little jasperware (which is what that style is actually called).  Oh sure, the museum was pretty interesting, and they had lots of china and jasperware on display (and the jasper comes in green, purple, and black too), but not much of the jasper was available to buy.  Wahh.

So anyway, that jasperware is where I got the idea for today's card.  I embossed the Joyful Christmas poinsettia with white EP and then watercolored it with watered-down Whisper White ink refill.  It was hard to get the right consistency, and the ink kept sinking to the bottom so I had to stir it up frequently with my Aquapainter, but I do like how it turned out in the end.  Actually it's still wet; I painted the flowers after I already had it adhered to the card base.  Painting the flowers was a bit time-consuming so I wouldn't do this for mass production, but I will totally keep this idea in mind for some scrapbook pages in the future.

I got the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:

And that's it!  I hope this card dries pretty soon here because I've got a package ready to go and I want to send this card along with the Christmas present.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Joyful Christmas, En Francais
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Versamark, Whisper White Craft ink refill
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Marina Mist, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits, White EP, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! Those poinsettias are gorgeous! Love the technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

CCsMom said...

I really like how the flower LOOKS like it is a watercolor painting.

Something else that might catch your fancy is a cameo because it looks to be close to the same thing as jasperware. I'm thinking about ordering a pretty blue set of earrings with bells on them like that. I've always fancied that too. Sad to hear they don't hardly make any of it anymore.

Tanya said...

Wow, that's really pretty! I like the blue with the green too!