Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Perfectly Wonderful Nachos!

Happy New Year, peeps!  Can't believe it's already time for my last blog post of the year.  Well, we're ending on a high note with a wonderful color combination courtesy of Nacho Average Challenges!


Who doesn't love pink and green together, amirite?  So here's what I came up with:


 I kinda feel like I threw the kitchen sink at this card, but the sketch I chose was pretty involved.  Still, three sets of Framelits, two stamp sets and two different packs of patterned paper, ribbon and Candy Dots...there's lots going on here.  I don't have any Strawberry Slush ribbon, so I rooted through my stash and found some kind of pink grosgrain...not even sure if it's SU, but probably.  It's not an exact match for the Strawberry Slush cardstock but I thought it worked okay.

Anyway, when my family was out here in July, we went to Paris and I saw a sign taped in a shop window that had that same sentiment on it.  I loved it so much that I wrote it down so I'd remember it, and then when I saw Perfect Pennants I was so excited to have it in stampy form :)  So now you know why I paired it with an Eiffel Tower.  And how cute is that hearty Eiffel Tower?!

Check the Nachos blog for more beautiful projects, and then let's see what you've got!  Have fun and Happy New Year!

Supplies, probably all SU!
Stamps:  Follow My Heart, Perfect Pennants
Ink:  Basic Black, Strawberry Slush, Old Olive
Paper:  Basic Black, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Kaleidoscope DSP (coming up in the Occasions catty!), Season of Style DSP (get it fast, it retires on January 2!)
Accessories:  Ovals, Decorative Labels, & Perfect Pennants Framelits, retired pink grosgrain, Neutrals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

YES, I DO love those colors together and the black just makes everything pop. LOVE the Eiffel Tower stamp. So cute.

So glad to hear you only have 2 more boxes coming. Hmmm, wonder what happened with that very first one I shipped with your repaired sweater. I kinda think the other one must be the HUGE box because they'd have to figure some space on the plane for that one. Love you!

Tanya said...

I LOVE this card! And yes- I bought this same stamp set for that phrase! :)